This Access Statement should be read in conjunction with
the descriptions for each area of the farm and the activities and
accommodation provided by Clyne Farm , Great Gower Outdoors and their
subcontracted providers. These will provide a more detailed description of
what we can offer for all our visitors. Clyne Farm has been providing
activities and accommodation for visitors of all ages and abilities since
- There are two parking areas provided which are within
50 metres of most buildings. There is provision for cars to park
temporarily within ten metres of reception and the main dining room.
Cars may also be brought with five metres of most accommodation units
for dropping off and picking up.
- The majority of parking is on concrete or tarmac
surfaced areas. Car park areas are lit with sodium lighting at night.
- The reception is located within ten metres of drop
off parking and is approached by a shallow gradient path. There are
steps at the entrance doorway with a 100mm riser.
- Seating is available in the reception area with firm
- Staff available to assist if required.
Site Facilities and Information
- Riding stables catering for all levels of ability and
experience. Facilities include mounting block, electric hoist, all
weather sand/rubber chip outdoor arena
- A wide range of activities on-site including
Challenge valley - the muddiest assault course in the world!!, indoor
climbing, archery, mountain bike and bodyboard hire. All are adaptable
to all ages and abilities
- Off site activities include surfing, climbing and
abseiling and gorgewalking. All are adaptable to all ages and
- Ramped access to main sport hall (Atcost Barn),
changing rooms with wheel-in showers and toilets.
- Dining room and coffee shop also available. Dining
room has low (75mm) step access and is also suitable for meetings or a
- There is an enclosed rubbish area with separate
recycling bins for paper, plastic, cupboard, cans and glass
- Telephone numbers for local taxi service, doctor,
hospital, dentist, vet and hospitals are available in the cottages and
in the main reception.
- Mobile phone reception is patchy in this area.
- A variety of cottages are available on site and
within ten minutes of the main farm complex.
- The Dairy, Stables Cottage and Hayloft can be
interconnected through their first floor living rooms.
- The Keeper's Cottage and Barn Owl Lodge can be
- The Dairy and Hayloft have first floor external
access approached by stairs with fifteen steps to the front
- The Old Schoolroom has bedrooms and a wet room complete with
walk-in shower on the ground floor.
- The Keeper's Cottage has a wet room ensuite with a
ground floor twin bedded room with a walk-in shower. The basin has
- The main access to Byron's Barn, The Old Schoolroom,
Chapel Barn and the Keeper's Cottage is level to the outside.
- The main access to Stables Cottage, Horseshoe Cottage
and Barn Owl Lodge has a step with a riser of approximately
- There is good colour contrast between walls, doors
and floors in all cottages.
- Televisions, videos, DVD players and Freeview boxes have remote
- Lighting is from overhead pendant light fittings with
standard lamps in living rooms. Bedrooms have overhead lights and
- Kitchens and bathrooms generally have twist top taps.
- The campsite is on two relatively level fields and
one sloping field.
- The campsite is approached by paths and vehicle
tracks which have a shallow gradient.
- Apart from camping in tents the centre also hire out
tipis and a replica Celtic roundhouse.
- Earth banks and hedges divide the campsite into
- The toilet block for the campsite is in the main
Atcost Barn. Campers have uses of the general toilets and showers and
there is a further toilet/shower area for the exclusive uses of
campers and visitors with disabilities which has two walk-in showers
rooms/wcs and separate wash hand basins.
- Vehicles are allowed on the campsite for loading and
unloading and at all other times must be parked in the main car parks.
- There are a number of drinking water taps in teyh
- Further information about activities
and accommodation is available on the website
and from the Clyne Farm office.
- Although we have tried to include as much detailed
information as possible we are always happy to answer any queries on
any aspect of Clyne Farm Centre